Daily Scriptures with Sermon

Banner 468

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook
RSS

Address Him As "Our Father"

-
Unknown



And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father (KJV)
Luke 11:2

There is a way we address or talk to our parent, there is also a way we address our friends, and even our colleagues. We all know that there is a total difference in the way we address our parent, friend and colleagues. Defiantly the way we will address our God should be different too. There is a great need to pray to God, and He Have invites us to address Him as “Our Father”

When we become conscious of God’s greatness and glory in prayer, it will take us on new power and fervency. Job had complained bitterly about his misfortune and had made some self-righteous statements, finally met the Lord and cried out, “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You. Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes” (Job 42:5-6). Isaiah saw a vision of God and exclaimed, “Woe is me, for I am undone! (Isaiah 6:5). Ezekiel observed the glory of the Lord and declared, “So when I saw it, I fell on my face” (Ezek.1:28). The apostle John, after seeing a vision of the glorified Son of God, said, “I fell at His feet as dead” (Rev. 1:17)

To all these men, the vision of God’s greatness and glory brought an overwhelming sense of their weakness and depravity. Yet God invites us to address Him as “Our Father”